Piotr Migdał1, PhD - freelancing in data analysis, processing and interactive visualization (a "data scientist", to put it fashionably).
PhD from ICFO - Institut de Ciències Fotòniques, Castelldefels (Barcelona) with thesis Symmetries and self-similarity of many-body wavefunctions under supervision of Maciej Lewenstein and Javi Rodriguez-Laguna. Originally from Bielsko-Biała (southern Poland). Alumnus of the University of Warsaw (Phys + Maths), KFnrD and RSI2005.
Dedicated to education of gifted schoolchildren and organization of bottom-up activities. In free time enjoys photography, hiking and coding. Dreams about revolutionizing how science and education are being done. Loves good e-mails.
Preferred contact: moc.liamg|ladgimp#moc.liamg|ladgimp2
- CV (Curriculum Vitae / Resume)
- Research (geometry of quantum states, mathematical modeling in psychology, data science, quantum applied optics…)
- Education (teaching highly talented students, materials, articles on education…)
- Projects (ones not mentioned above)
- Links (various; mostly science-related)
- Photos (some of them are nice, enjoy :))
- Site in Polish (much richer in didactic content, witty jokes etc…) (still there, but no longer maintained)
- Social: LinkedIn, FB, G+ (for discussions), Twitter (write-only :))
- Q&A: StackExchange and MathOverflow
- Code: GitHub account (I will put a list of ideas there)
- Links: del.icio.us -> Pinboard (just a list, not even recommendations)
The current issue(s):
- I do machine learning and big data trainings (Python data science stack: IPython Notebook, scikit-learn, Spark). A video footage from of data science training in San Francisco, by DeepSense.io. Next ones in New York and London: http://trainings.deepsense.io/.
- I did a Renyi entropy workshop for gifted high-school students at 11. Wakacyjne Warsztaty Wielodyscyplinarne.
- I did Data Analysis Summer School for sociologists, first week of July 2015, Warsaw (IPython Notebooks here).
- Working on Analiza matur (analysis of Polish end-of-high-school exams).
- Quantum superposition - an introduction, as a quest post to John Baez's Azimuth
- TagOverflow - an interactive explorer of Stack Exchange tags (including Stack Overflow and MathOverflow).
- Wrote There are no projects like side projects for Scientia Crastina (see this HN thread).
- Working on the Quantum Game.
- I will did Visualizing Wikipedia workshop for high-school students, on Wakacyjne Warsztaty Wielodyscyplinarne; some of its fruits:
- 5th Offtopicarium, 26-28 Sept 2014, Węgierska Górka, Poland - an unconference with total freedom on topic, for people from different fields.
- I made an interactive map of fellows and alumni of the Polish Children's fund.
- I am contributing to QuTiP : Quantum Toolbox in Python.
- Compass, the San Francisco-based startup I have been interning in, has relaunched! :)
- 3rd Offtopicarium, 9-12 Aug 2013, Warsaw.
- Themes and colors of books - an interactive visualizations in D3.js (or in Polish: Motywy i kolory ze zbioru Wolnych Lektur).
- Designing a quantum mechanics game (and another one, about electric circuits).
- Graph Map of Tags at StackExchange sites.
- An article An independent camp for high school geeks - on teaching gifted kids, bootstrapping an event and an informal atmosphere.
- A summary of a talk on Open Science and Science 2.0.
The tower is worth more than a single stone.