I find a lot of fun in investigating mathematical model of the Mafia game.
- P. Migdał, A mathematical model of the Mafia game, arXiv:1009.1031 [math.PR] (2010)
- P. Migdał, Matematyczny model gry w mafię, Bachelor's Degree Thesis, MIMUW, 09/2009, (in Polish)
- P. Migdał, Mafia, zdradziecka parzystość oraz pi, Delta - popularnonaukowy miesięcznik, 07/2010. (in Polish; a short popular science article)
There are a few different ideas how to create a more advanced model of the Mafia game. They may take into account additional characters and psychological interactions. Even if in a more complicated setting one shouldn't expect to get analytical results, computer simulations may be both fascinating and important. If you are interested, I will be happy to share the ideas with you. Critiques and comments are welcome.
Currently I am working with Maciej Kolanowski:
- A numerical model of the Mafia game at GitHub
- P. Migdal, A mathematical model of the Mafia game - slides, ICPS 2010, 17-23.08.2010, Graz (Austria)
- coming soon(er or later)
(5th Summer Scientific Schools, 20-30 August 2009, Olsztyn, Poland;
a camp for highly talented high school children I co-organize)